Passport Application Requirements
The applicant has to visit the Embassy in person for fingerprinting and authentication of documents. The appropriate forms will be issued to you upon your arrival.
Passport Office hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 9am – 12pm (closed on German and Zimbabwean holidays).
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
These original documents, plus 2 clear photocopies each, must be produced when applying for a passport:
- Long Birth Certificate
- National Identity Card (or green paper NID with attached photo and printed NID number) – order of names should be as they appear on the NID and Birth Certificate; spellings have to be consistent throughout; if names are not in the order as they appear on the NID and Birth Certificate, applicant has to regularize by either changing the order of names on the NID and Birth Certificate (NID cards are only issued in Zimbabwe) - note: NID is required for all applicants 16 yrs and older.
- Two (2) passport colour photos (size 3,5 x 4,5 cm) – photo requirements: white background, appearance – black/dark grey/navy blue shirt/top/dress (no spaghetti straps), no eyeglasses, no jewelry, natural hair tied back, face front with both ears visible.
- Marriage Certificate/National Identity Card in married name/Divorce Order/Spouse’s Death Certificate, if applicable.
- Adoption Order, if applicable.
- Old passport or Emergency Travel Document, if any
- a. Old-type passport (big) – copies of pages 1-5 (renewable any time)
- b. New-type passport (small) copy of inside back cover (renewable up to 6 months before expiry)
- Citizenship Certificate dated August 2001 or later – for applicants who were born outside Zimbabwe or whose (one or both) parent(s) was/were born outside Zimbabwe must renounce the other citizenship by having that country’s Embassy in Harare issue a Renunciation Certificate, which should be taken to the Citizenship Office in Harare in person (Citizenship Certificates are only issued in Zimbabwe)
- Police report (for lost passport)
- FEES: (payable in exact cash)
- €50 for application form – to be paid at the Embassy, plus passport processing fees – to be paid in Zimbabwe in cash:
- If a child under 18 yrs is applying for a passport, Section 5 of the form must be completed by the parent - a legal guardian can also sign Section 5 if he/she can produce documentary proof of guardianship - a clear copy of the National ID or valid passport of the parent/legal guardian is required.
Additional Passport Information
Passport processing hours are Monday - Thursday, 9 am to 12 noon.
Once your forms have been processed and documents authenticated at the Embassy, everything will be returned to you. It is the applicant's responsibility to send the forms to Zimbabwe and arrange for the collection of the new passport. The applicant will need to write an authorization letter for the person handling the application.
Passport application forms expire 6 months from the date of completion. Ensure that your complete application package is received by the Passport Office in Harare before the forms expire.
If you have additional questions not covered by this supplement, call us at +49302062263
Germany Tel: +49 30 2062263
Fax: +49 30 20455062 email@example.com (OR firstname.lastname@example.org)